Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sore?

Yes, I am a little sore and stiff today, but I managed to teach Zumba just fine. Actually, The moving around actually helped with the stiffness.

I quizzed Arron about being sore after a workout and this is what he said:

How sore should I be after a workout? He said Rookies might feel a little pain to the touch, but it shouldn't feel like you have been in a car wreck.

What if I do feel like I've been in a wreck? He said it means you over-did it. The goal isn't to get sore, but it sometimes happens.

How long will I be sore? He said 3 days is average.

What can I do to help with the soreness? Arron said to keep moving, don't skip the next day's workout, take a warm bath and stay hydrated.

What causes soreness? Microscopic muscle tears. These tears are necessary for building stronger muscles. It's important to get enough carbs & protein during this time to promote muscle rebuilding.

No comments:

Post a Comment